Апреля 21, 2018


Manchester City confident they have avoided TWO-window transfer ban

17 Апреля 2018, 08:38 | Joan Schultz

City won the title with five games to spare but will strengthen again before next season

City won the title with five games to spare but will strengthen again before next season

"We're angry because City came after our player, we said no and they took him anyway", declared Velez club secretary Bernardo Bertelloni a year ago.

Manchester City's nervous wait for an outcome in the Benjamin Garré case has ended, with news surfacing on Tuesday morning that they have been cleared of any wrong doing and will face no transfer ban.

Premier League champions City could have been banned from signing players in the next two transfer windows had they been found guilty of breaching worldwide transfer regulations when they signed Garre in 2016.

That led the Argentine club to take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), who presided over the final ruling.

Garre, 17, is yet to make his City debut and the forward has been playing for their under-23 team, scoring his first goal against Rotherham last August.

That gives Pep Guardiola the all clear to continue spending as he plots a defence of the Premier League title next season.

Читайте также: Drake announces release date for Scorpion EP

As such, City facing the prospect of being banned from registering players in each of the next two transfer windows - a fate suffered previously by Atletico Madrid - if the CAS side with Velez.

There had been serious concern at the opposite outcome and defeat would have left the club staring at an embargo on transfers over two windows.

Regulations dictate that clubs within the European Union (EU) are not allowed to sign player from outside under the age of 18 - this can of course be sidestepped if the player's family relocates as was the case when Barcelona signed a 13-year-old Lionel Messi in 2000.

After a significant delay, a ruling has now been delivered that backs City's claim that Garre's Italian passport entitled him to make the move and supports FIFA's original decision. City insist they acted within the rules.

Velez, however, claimed that Federation Internationale de Football Association rules only allow players under 18 to move between clubs in Europe and does not include South America. The court will publish the reasoned verdict on Friday.

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог



Other News

Trending Now

Today's Brokerage Rating: Square, Inc. (SQ), The Coca-Cola Company (KO)
The formula is calculated by looking at companies that have a high earnings yield as well as a high return on invested capital. Several other hedge funds and other institutional investors have also added to or reduced their stakes in the stock.

Judge rules jury can hear Bill Cosby's prior testimony on quaaludes
Andrea Constand is just one of about 50 ladies that have accused Cosby of assaults dating back to years, accusations he denies. Constand said prior to the alleged assault, she had considered Cosby a mentor from whom she sought career advice.

Donald Trump says trade negotiations with China going on 'very well'
There are also signs economic growth could come in above the 6.7 per cent forecast by AFP's survey. He also said "Cold War mentality" and arrogance had become obsolete and would be repudiated.

Thousands of child apps and games potentially violate US data sharing law
The Google Play online store was apparently fooled to host apps that contain malicious software intended for state-type surveillance.