vegassports-odds.com
vegassports-odds.com January 24, 2018


FLU CASES SPIKE: Ivey issues public health emergency

12 January 2018, 03:10 | Winifred Adams

Colchester-East Hants Regional Hospital- Lynn Curwin

Colchester-East Hants Regional Hospital

Mitchell says the hospital first started to see a spike in flu cases last December.

Dallas County health officials say Thursday that three more people have died from the flu, raising the toll for this flu season to 26 deaths in Dallas County.

This comes as health officials continued their pleas for people to get a flu jab stating "it is not too late".

The Department of Health says the majority of the deaths so far have been in people older than 65 with underlying conditions.

"We have a lot of patients that come in with the typical flu symptoms", Pharmacist Jarron Yee said. "The flu can be a deadly illness, and every year thousands of people die from it", said Franklin County Public Health medical director Miller Sullivan. By comparison, that's more than the total number of hospitalizations for the entire flu season in 2015-2016 or 2013-2014. Texas is among 22 states considered to have the highest amount of flu cases in the U.S.by the end of 2017. While he said the flu itself is no worse, he agreed that more people could be getting it because of a less effective vaccine.

"The number of visits in healthcare systems, physicians' offices, hospitals and urgent care centers over the past week has really exploded", said Ken Mitchell, M.D. During this time, those persons may still spread the virus to others How contagious is the flu?

SpaceX president confirms successful launch of government spy satellite Zuma
SpaceX launched two other national security missions past year - a and the Pentagon's in September. SpaceX and the Pentagon did not respond to requests for comment about the nature of the mission.

Sarah Sanders gives press briefing
Despite all that, Sanders would have the American public believe that Trump's tweets were only confusing to dumb journalists. Yet Sanders refused to acknowledge reality when she briefed reporters on Thursday afternoon.

Counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway: 'Nobody here talks about Hillary Clinton'
Since the day he became president, Trump has tweeted about Clinton - or "Crooked Hillary" - about 70 times. The pair moved on to shouting about the Russian Federation investigation.

Because of the risks this year and new reports showing the effectiveness of antiviral medications if administered quickly, the CDC is strongly recommending that high-risk patients get antiviral drugs within two days of falling ill from the flu.

One in roughly 10,000 children under the age of four have been hospitalized with the flu this season.

Finally in a follow-up on the situation in Arizona, The Arizona Department of Health Services released data Wednesday that shows influenza activity continues to rise statewide. However, only the flu includes symptoms of fatigue, sore throats and muscle or body aches.

Sentara family medicine and internal medicine practices have the vaccines for $75 out of pocket, but individuals without insurance can get the shot for $37.50, according to Sentara spokeswoman Kelsea Smith.

The spread of flu can be reduced if people stay home while sick, cover their coughs or sneezes, wash hands and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.



Other News

Trending Now

IRS Rolls Out New Tax Tables For Promised Bigger Paychecks
But officials predicted 90 percent of workers would see bigger paychecks while little would change for the remaining 10 percent. Although the new calculator will be most helpful to taxpayers with complicated taxes, he urged everyone to use it.

Raiders hire ex-Colts RB coach Jemal Singleton
He will be introduced by the Raiders at a media conference on Tuesday and replaces Jack Del Rio, who was sacked on December 31. Now, it appears that Ansley has elected to head to the National Football League instead.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors Coming to Nintendo Switch
Hyrule Warriors will include 29 characters in all, and will also add new Breath of the Wild-inspired outfits for Link and Zelda . The game will run at 1080p in TV mode, and feature single Joy-Con split-screen local multiplayer as well.

After wildfires, California is facing heavy rains and mudslides
At one spot, a vehicle appeared to be sheared in half - its front half pointed skyward, jammed against a pile of muddy wreckage. Sheriff deputies and other first responders had to cautiously pick through debris to access shattered homes.