vegassports-odds.com
vegassports-odds.com March 29, 2017


Trump's contested pick for labor secretary withdraws

17 February 2017, 02:09 | Darin Griffith

Trump's contested pick for labor secretary withdraws

President Donald Trump speaks during a news conference Thursday Feb. 16 2017 in the East Room of the White House in Washington

A day after the dramatic defeat for one of his Cabinet nominees, President Trump is expected to name former US attorney Alexander Acosta as his next pick for labor secretary, according to a White House official.

Four Senate Republicans have told GOP leaders they won't support President Trump's nominee for labor secretary - raising the possibility there won't be enough votes to confirm him, it was reported Wednesday. "The man I will be announcing for labor is a star, a great person, a great person".

If confirmed, he would also be the first Hispanic member of President Trump's cabinet.

Puzder withdrew his nomination Wednesday after pressure from both Democrats and Republicans. "Puzder should never have even been nominated".

"I think he will be a tremendous secretary of labor", Trump said.

Puzder's withdrawal had been widely expected to occur sometime within the next 24 hours, and has now been confirmed by both Fox Business Network and NBC News.

Puzder, the chief executive for CKE Restaurants, said in a statement that he decided not to continue with the confirmation process.

Pak asks Afghanistan to immediately handover 76 wanted terrorists
The security officials believe that militant groups now operate from the Afghanistan border region to launch attacks in Pakistan. Police said that a suicide bomber entered the Lal Shehbaz Qalandar shrine in Sehwan town of Sindh through its Golden Gate.

Many Twin Cities businesses closing Thursday for 'Day Without Immigrants' protest
Several businesses along Lake Street also were expected to close Thursday. We want to let everyone know that we will not accept. Ideal will pay its employees during its closure.

New Zealand fires: State of emergency declared as blaze threatens Christchurch
He said the region had been unusually dry for the past three years and the grass in the hills had turned brown over the summer. A state of emergency has been declared in the area and authorities have been sent in to help firefighters with the two fires.

Acosta, who is the son of Cuban-American immigrants, is the confirmable replacement for Andrew Puzder, who withdrew from consideration amidst growing controversy and dwindling support from Republican Senators.

TVNZ's US Correspondent says Trump is going back on the campaign trail for a 2020 re-election.

Acosta is the Dean at the Florida International University College of Law.

Republican Senator Susan Collins of ME, who was on the Senate commitee considering Puzder's nomination, told reporters on Monday that she was evaluating the domestic violence accusation. CEO "vowed revenge" after she accused him of domestic abuse.

Besides the workplace conditions at Puzder's restaurants and his opposition to raising the minimum wage, Murray and others also blasted Puzder's defense of racy television ads featuring bikini-clad women that had been aired by his restaurant company.

Puzder denied the allegations, and Fierstein later recanted them.



Other News

Trending Now

Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian Broke Up Again
Chyna also seemingly threw shade at her reality star fiancé as she took to Snapchat earlier this month to vent her frustrations. Reality TV personality Rob Kardashian and model Blac Chyna have split again following her cheating scandal a year ago .

Several dead, dozens injured in explosion at Lal Shahbaz Qalandar's shrine
Most of the protesters were relatives of the deceased who had been killed in Thursday's suicide bomb attack. The death toll is feared to go up as numerous injured are in critical condition.

Myanmar army ends operation in Rakhine State
Even before the crackdown began, human rights organizations spoke out against Myanmar's treatment of the Rohingya for years. The military is also accused of burning over a thousand homes.

Midnight Oil Announces First World Tour In Fifteen Years
The band announced on Friday a new world tour from April to November this year, including the New Zealand dates. The band will also release three new box sets of CDs, including rare material.